Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow and Katie the missionary

We finally have snow!!! Here are the kids having some fun...









I got some new cookie cutters on Saturday. I'm so excited about these so I have to show them. It all started with a conversation with Katie in the car last Friday.
K: Mommy, wouldn't it be fun to make baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph cookies this year?
Me: That would be really fun. But where would we get cookie cutters like that?

Fast forward to the next morning at Carolyn's Cakes just browsing by myself. I look up on the wall and what do you think I see? Imagine Katie's excitement!

So here's the Katie missionary part....I am not aloud to say anything about Jesus to anyone in her class anytime, even at Christmas and neither is her teacher. BUT, Katie may say anything she likes! So Katie will be taking these fun cookies to share with her class at school tomorrow and while she is passing them out, she is going to share the real Christmas story with her classmates. Cool huh? We're very excited to find out how this goes! There are so many kids in her class that have never heard of Jesus and at least one whose Mom believes in Allah. Katie is very excited about this fun way to share about Jesus :)























4 comments:

Angie said...

Hey there! I am not sure about all of the laws... but I have heard that parents are able to talk about the way they celebrate in their home. I think it is great that Katie is wanting to share with her class. You are doing such a great job with your kiddos. Isaiah was doing homework last night and he had to compare Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanza. It was a good time to tell him that different people do different things but the reason we celebrate Christmas is the only one of the three holidays that comes from the Bible.

matt broweleit said...

That's great! I love it. And with cookies that beautiful, how could anyone possible refuse the message!

Matt

Pam said...

Very cool. And the cookies are beautiful.

Kate said...

That is great! The cookies look wonderful too :) What a wonderful way to be able to talk about Jesus' birth!